Parent Talk : Transform Your Relationship with Your Child By Learning What to Say, How to Say it, and When to Listen
This is expert knowledge from "one of America's most revered clinical psychologists" who uses a combination of science and her own extensive experience of working with families... Dr Mogel's advice not only improves your child's life but your own life"
"Generous and wise...Wendy Mogel gives me the rare and comforting feeling that parenting problems actually have solutions. She delivers these not as rules from on high, but as a series of insights that credit our intelligence and bring out our best selves"
- Pamela Druckerman, author of French Children Don't Throw Food
Are you tired of arguing with your children? Do you find you're repeating the same messages over and over?
Or perhaps you've given up trying to communicate with your kids at all?
**One of the keys to successful parenting lies in how you communicate**
In this book, parenting expert of over three decades and New York Times bestselling author Dr.
Wendy Mogel offers an essential and realistic guide of how to take steps to transform your relationship with your child , teaching parents:
* How to break the cycle of nagging and shouting
* How to talk to your child about difficult topics such as death and sex
* How to really listen to what it is your child is trying to say to you
* Why talking to girls is a world away from talking to boys, and how to master this skill
* How to overcome the distraction of digital devices - for both you and your child
Revealing how each stage of life brings new opportunities to relate better to your children, Parent Talk is the definitive guide for how to talk with your child, conquer parenting frustrations, and shape meaningful and lasting family relationships.
"Wisdom for parents of children of all ages from one of the most astute psychologists on the planet. Dr. Mogel explains the art and science of communicating with the people you love most"
- Angela Duckworth, author of Grit